You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Milan Lucic’ category.
Here’s the part where I complain about my personal life for a moment:
Okay, so we all know that I don’t have the most glamorous job around–I change the diapers of the elderly, bathe them, and put them in bed. Not that spectacular, and pretty smelly, which is why I don’t often go out after work. At least, if I do, I shower first, which means I don’t go out until 1 am, which, in Buffalo, is not late at all, but still…
ANYWAYS, because I had to work last night, and then told a coworker that I’d cover her overnight shift, I couldn’t go shopping this morning. I mean, not that I can really afford to spend my money unnecessarily, or anything… But I love shopping, and Black Friday shopping is like, the most fun ever.
So I’m a little bummed that I didn’t get to go shopping, and now I’m running on four hours of sleep, and about to get ready to head back to work. And my supervisor even had the gall to ask if I’d do another double tonight. NO THANK YOU. I have plans for tomorrow. They’re not that exciting, but it’s stuff that needs to get done. I have to go to the post office and find a box big enough to fit a Sabres jersey and a container of cookies to send to Andy, I have to make the cookies (which Kim has so kindly offered to assist), clean my room, make preparations for Sunday’s Bills/49ers’ game, and, oh yeah, WATCH THE SABRES.
And then there’s always the Sociology tests that I have to take online by the 17th, and the lab practical I have for Anatomy on Wednesday.
BUT BACK TO MY PURPOSE IN LIFE, TALKING ABOUT THE SABRES.
All of these videos about the boys and their Thanksgivings are just adorable.
I love how Patty’s mom lays down the law and gives him a time to be at the ‘rents house by. I also love how Jason got that sheepish smile when talking about Thanksgiving (which I think is extra cute because he still celebrates it even though his American mother and himself have lived in Canada for how long?), and how Jaro talks about his abilities to cook foul, when we all know all he really does is bite the head off, Ozzy Osbourne style. And I especially like his name pronunciation correction during the Sabres show (it’s right after the commercial).
I really think that I adore that man.
In other news, I’m really hoping Tommy is okay. Because the more effect Milan Lucic is having on this team, the less I like him, and the more inclined I am to hurting him. And I really don’t feel like going to jail anytime soon, so Tommy had best be alright. If he wants to sit out tonight, fine, okay. But not tomorrow. We need him tomorrow more than tonight, because, when it comes down to getting into the playoffs down the stretch, we’ll need divisional points more than conference points. Therefore, Montreal on Saturday is more important.
Plus, once Al comes back healthy, who sits? Danny’s supposed to be playing, so I don’t necessarily see him sitting anytime soon, and I don’t see the Sabres sending Mancari down in the near future. Well, at least they wouldn’t have any legit reason for doing so…
OH!! And to the person who found us by searching for this:
I give you your answer. Also someone found this by searching for “Adam Cari Miller.” What, did I all of a sudden marry Ryan Miller, and now we have a son named Adam? And no, for another person’s inquiring mind, I do not know the colors of the Sabres’ respective bedrooms, I do not love Maria Genero, I don’t want to ship Derek off to Maine, I’m not friends with Garnet Exelby on Facebook, I’ve never seen Daniel Briere shirtless (nor do I want to), and I’m not going to trash talk Marky Mark’s beautiful girlfriend. If you want to do that, and I suggest and beg that you don’t, go over to those trashy forums. Because I don’t have vendettas against the girls that the guys I love decided to go out with. I’m not a jealous bitch, so you’ve got no business being here if you want that (Can you tell that I can’t stand those forums, no matter how addicting they are??).
Well, kids, I have to go get ready for work. Thankfully, though, the nurse I work with is awesome and likes the Sabres, too, so I never miss a game while I’m there. I’ll post after the game if there’s something good to talk about.
Cari: Danny, I missed you tonight.
Dan: Yeah, I wish I could’ve played, but you know how it goes…
Cari: So, why did I see you all sad and lonely up in the press box this evening?
Dan: Well, you know, I got sick somehow. I think Drew might’ve given me some candy off the floor or something… Adam’s always telling me and Clarke not to take stuff from Drew because he’s a weirdo. But Drew always has the best candy and stuff, so I didn’t think it would be a problem…
Cari: Okay, you’re sick… That makes sense, I guess. But why were you all by yourself? How come you weren’t sitting with Timmy?
Dan: First of all, I’m not allowed to hang out with Timmy. Adam says he plays Doctor too much, and that I can’t play with him if he does. Second of all, I was in Time Out.
Cari: Time Out?!? How come?
Dan: Because I threw up in Nathan’s skates…
Cari: So that’s why he wasn’t playing tonight… But why all alone, though?
Dan: Adam said it was punishment for not throwing up in “that little puke Lucic’s” skates. I kinda wish I had after he tried to kill all my friends tonight. I’m going to get him one day for that. And that’s a promise. But Pat already told me that Lucic had better watch out if they’re ever on the ice at the same time.
Cari: Yeah, I don’t care for him much, either, especially after he went after Princess D.
Dan: Yeah. Oh hey! I like that jersey on you, by the way. I’ll tell Derek that you look good in his name. Hey, and maybe that’s why he played so well tonight!!
Cari: Danny, my friend, I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK. And also, tell him that I honestly believe in my heart that he should have had four goals tonight, the last coming on a penalty shot? Thanks much.
Dan: Sure thing.
Cari: And make sure everyone knows that Kim and I, next time we’re in Boston, are going to track Milan Lucic down and beat his ass. Because I hate him.
Dan: I know. Hey, I have to go. It’s past my bedtime.
Cari: Okay, Danny. I’ll talk to you later. Good night, precious.
So, beyond that, I’m soooooo incredibly happy about tonight’s game. But here are the things I’m thankful for:
– The guy behind us at the game tonight who said “I want to call up Gerbe just to see if he could skate through Chara’s legs.”
– The group of four 11-year-old boys who told a Bruins fan that they’d “never seen a girl look hotter in a Boston jersey.”
– The fact that no Sabres died in the making of this victory.
– Derek Roy’s inability to stop finding ways to make me love him, and make fun of him, all at the same time.
– Paul Gaustad and Ryan Miller’s inability to stop raising my expectations of men.
– Thomas Vanek’s ability to continuously light the lamp.
– Patrick Kaleta, Andrew Peters, and Adam Mair’s willingness to beat the crap out of people and sacrifice their bodies for the sake of the game.
– Tim Connolly’s strength of character, combined with his entertaining sex-capades.
– Drew Stafford’s Facebook pictures.
– Henrik Tallinder’s dancing.
– Jaroslav Spacek’s interviews.
– Nathan Paetsch’s smile.
– Mark Mancari’s voice.
– Daniel Paille’s inability to take a normal-looking picture.
– Patrick Lalime’s adoration of his daughters.
– Craig Rivet’s adoration of Buffalo.
– Jason Pominville’s loyalty to The (dreaded) System.
– Maxim Afinogenov’s best game in a long time.
– Jochen Hecht’s shortie, as well as the look on his face when he heard me say “I love you.”
– Ales Kotalik’s admission that he designed a line of hats.
– Clarke MacArthur’s curly hair.
– Toni Lydman’s choice in women.
– Teppo Numminen’s picture from 1985.
– Andrej Sekera’s polo player sweater.
– Lindy Ruff’s ability to inspire these guys, year after year, after year.
– All of the Sabres Bloggers, because they’re all foxy and incredibly intelligent, and probably some of the funniest writers I’ve ever come across.
– The city of Buffalo for being amazing.
– My cat Delilah for being the cutest fat cat around.
– And, lastly, my beautifully sexy friends, especially my dear Kimberly, as well as my mostly awesome family. Without them, I’d be completely lost in life.
So, everyone, have a beautiful holiday with your respective loved ones, and Kim and I will resume posting on Friday. I’m sure I forgot stuff about the game tonight, and I’m equally as sure Kim will let me know about it. So those things will make it up here eventually. But, until then, be safe, eat turkey, and love those Sabres!!