You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘San Jose Sharks’ category.
(Anne, that title is for you, by the way.)
So I had this whole big spiel I was going to go through about how much a Sabres’ win would mean to this city, but right now, I’m ecstatic.
My emotions have been running on low for the past 24 hours, and to be honest, I didn’t think I could feel much worse after learning about the crash of Flight 3407.
But, wow. Just, wow.
This game was absolutely fantastic!!!
I don’t really have a ton of coherant thoughts for the game, but, rather, just some quips:
– Derek Roy is incredibly attractive when he’s being all feisty and starting trouble with the other players and mouthing off. idk why, but he is.
– Derek also scored his 100th career goal, on the same goal that Drew Stafford notched his 100th career point. Who gets to keep the puck? I think Roy should get it… Goals are cooler than points.
– It’s about time Jason Pominville nets a goal! I really think this is where he’ll turn it around… And that shootout goal he had was mighty fine.
– Nathan Gerbe’s play has been nothing short of foxy since he stepped foot on the ice at HSBC Arena, the Portland game included. I’m so glad he’s in the blue and gold. I can’t tell you how many times tonight I was wowed by his effort, his determination, and his heart. And when he had that knee-on-knee scare in overtime, I think I almost died a bit.
– Craig Rivet is my new hero. I don’t care what Derek says, and I don’t care about the age difference; I love him. He was just way too cute when he and the other guys were jumping around after Pommer’s goal. I just love him.
– Roy had an adorable little fist pump… thing… after his shootout goal.
– I honestly thought Danny Paille scored Spacek’s goal, and I really wish that he had. He did play very well, though, in his first game back, in my opinion at least.
– Did I mention that we beat the San Jose Sharks, arguably the best team in the league?
– Did I also mention that we, who are in 8th place in the East, are 2 points behind the Rangers, who are in 4th place in the East? Oh, and also that we’ve played them twice thus far this season, and we won both of those games?
– Looks like Lindy’s method of working the power play all practice long yesterday payed off, as we went 3-for-6? As in 50%?? Let’s do that more often, okay boys?
– I seem to like to refer to the Sabres as “we.” Like I’m part of the team. Sweet.
– I saw Caroline (of Hockey Night in Buffalo) on TV after Pominville’s game-tying goal!!
– I’m really, really, really happy about this win.
Okay. I’m going to watch Friday Night Lights (don’t judge me), and go to bed, as I’m working alllll day tomorrow, 7 am to 11:30 pm. Woo. Exciting stuff.
Happy Valentine’s Day friends, and same to the Sabres. =]
Okay so today I expected to come home from school and be able to work on some homework. I have 3 papers to write this weekend and even though I have Monday and Tuesday off I want to actually have the days to veg and not think about anything. I have a busy weekend planned, Sabres game tonight, Bandit’s tomorrow, Mamma Mia on Sunday and then the Sabres game on Sunday, so needless to say I had today and tomorrow to work on my papers. Well I figure since today has already gone awry I might as well post because it’s pretty much been guaranteed that I’m not going to be getting much done before the game.
I usually get home from school on Fridays by 12:30 but today I had a practice for a redemonstration of nursing skills that I have to complete by the end of next week so I didn’t end up getting home until 2. I was home for approximately 20 minutes when my grandma called and said she couldn’t get her car started and she needed a ride over to my uncle’s who lives in Amherst, my grandma lives in Kenmore and I live in Tonawanda. Then before we went to my uncle’s house she had to stop at the funeral home because a woman from our church died. So I spent an hour of my time not working on homework, I wasn’t mad that she called because she’s done so much for me but at the same time I just wanted to work on homework. Okay well back to hockey talk.
The Sabres are having a surprise autographed picture sale tonight for $20 bucks you pick a number and that number corresponds to an autographed picture of the player. Am I hoping in vain that I can get Paul’s? Because I’m totally willing to shell out the $20 bucks if I can have something that he actually touched that he may have breathed on. Ooo my heart’s all full of butterflies and sunshine just thinking about it.
We play San Jose tonight, let me tell you my joy is just overflowing please someone get another bucket to contain it, why does the NHL like to kick us when we’re down? Not that it’s their fault that Vanek got hurt and that we can’t seem to beat Ottawa, but I need someone to blame so it’s split between whoever the hell it was that hit Vanek with that puck and the NHL. The Sharks are 37-7-5-3 and stand 2nd in points in the NHL. The Sabres on the other hand are 8th in the Eastern Conference and are struggling to stay in the playoff run.
This is the only meeting between the Sharks and the Sabres this season and the first time that Craig Rivet comes face to face with his old teammates since donning the blue and gold when the Sabres picked him up as a UFA in the off season. As we’ve seen for the last few games that old feistyness that we’ve come to expect from Rivet has once again appeared. What will happen when Rivet comes face to face with his old teammates? Only the hockey gods know but if nothing else it should get interesting.